Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • https://www.facebook.com/
  • https://twitter.com/
  • https://t.me/
  • https://www.instagram.com/
  • https://youtube.com/
Newzaa

Breaking News, Analysis & Trending Stories

Newzaa

Breaking News, Analysis & Trending Stories

  • US
  • India
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Media
  • US
  • India
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Media
Subscribe
Close

Search

Kaylee Hottle died in a car crash on July 21 (Stewart Cook/Getty Images for Warner Bros)
Entertainment

‘Godzilla vs Kong’ star Kaylee Hottle was set to star in superhero movie before her death

By rajmehto
3 Min Read
0

Kaylee Hottle was set to play a deaf superhero whose heightened senses, including pattern recognition, gave her extraordinary abilities

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Godzilla v Kong’ star Kaylee Hottle was reportedly about to star in a new superhero movie just before her car crash death.

Hottle was only 19 when she died on July 21 in Ijamsville, Maryland.

Kaylee Hottle was about to start working in ‘What Doesn’t Kill Us’

Just a few days after the tragedy, screenwriter Andy Mingo has revealed that the young actress had been preparing to be part of his new film, ‘What Doesn’t Kill Us’, for which she was signed in 2024.

Kaylee Hottle is seen outside GMA Studio on March 20, 2024 in New York City (Photo by Raymond Hall/GC Images)

She was believed to be playing a deaf person whose other senses were powerful, like pattern recognition.

“We were truly looking forward to getting to work with someone so talented and are heartbroken by her death,” Mingo told TMZ.

Anna Campbell calls Kaylee Hottle’s death ‘great loss’

Mingo’s co-writer Anna Campbell also praised the late teen star. 

BURBANK, CALIFORNIA – AUGUST 19: Kaylee Hottle attends Japan World Heroes 2023: A Kaiju-Sized Celebration Of Japanese Pop Culture at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport on August 19, 2023 in Burbank, California. (Photo by Michael Tullberg/Getty Images)

“Kaylee was the kind of person who has been so spectacular and has made such an important impact on the industry. She didn’t let her disability stop her and that’s exactly what we hope to perpetuate with a film like this,” she shared, before adding, “This is a great loss and we are devastated.”

Mingo even told TMZ he believes that Elliot and Lucas Woolrich, who crafted the concept for the film, “will choose to keep her character out of respect and keep her spirit in the film.”

‘Excessive speed’ led to the fatal crash

This came after it was reported that Hottle’s heart stopped working as she was taken to the hospital following the fatal crash. She was inside the 1995 Honda Accord with two other persons, but they survived.

Kaylee Hottle at Boxborough Regency Hotel & Conference Center on November 26, 2021 in Boxborough City (Getty Images)

An official statement issued by the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office stated that the tragedy happened “in the 11400 block of Windsor Road in Ijamsville, Maryland” after the “1995 Honda Accord, operated by a 19-year-old Frederick man, traveled off the right side of the two-lane roadway and struck a culvert.”

“Excessive speed is believed to be a contributing factor in the collision,” it added.

Kaylee Hottle was remembered by her co-stars

Also, as per a new report, Hottle’s cause of death was multiple blunt force injuries while the manner of death was listed as an accident.

Following the tragedy, several stars paid tribute, including Millie Bobby Brown and Eiza Gonzalez.

“I’m so devastated to hear this. You will be deeply missed Kaylee,” the ‘Stranger Things’ star reportedly posted.

Millie Bobby Brown in an Instagram reel mourning the tragic passing of Kaylee Hottle pic.twitter.com/qJrDc27vRK

— King Kong Perfect Shots (@KongShots) July 21, 2026

Gonzalez added, “Kaylee. My heart is absolutely broken. I’m devastated. I adore you. I know heaven has the sweetest kindest girl in heaven. We will miss you terribly. ♥ ️ Sending so much love to your beautiful family.”

Tags:

Godzilla vs KongKaylee Hottle
Author

rajmehto

Follow Me
Other Articles
Elon Musk rejected being described as 'far-right' during an interview with The Economist, arguing that positions such as secure borders, safe cities and responsible government spending were once widely accepted across the political spectrum (@EricLDaugh/X
Previous

Elon Musk rejects ‘far-right’ label, says Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton once backed similar views

Next

New Tehran billboards show fake bloodied Trump family, warn ‘get ready to die’

No Comment! Be the first one.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Stripe Buys AI Startup OpenRouter For Over $7 Billion
  • Spider-Man: Brand New Day Continues To Dominate Box Office
  • Russell Westbrook Announces Retirement After 18 NBA Seasons
  • Oil Surge and Global Tensions Drag Sensex and Nifty
  • Kushner Holds Regional Talks Amid Middle East Tensions

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2026
  • July 2026

Categories

  • Entertainment
  • India
  • Media
  • US
  • World
  • US
  • India
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Media
Copyright 2026 — Newzaa. All rights reserved.