Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • https://www.facebook.com/
  • https://twitter.com/
  • https://t.me/
  • https://www.instagram.com/
  • https://youtube.com/
Newzaa

Breaking News, Analysis & Trending Stories

Newzaa

Breaking News, Analysis & Trending Stories

  • US
  • India
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Media
  • US
  • India
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Media
Subscribe
Close

Search

Iran claimed it launched kamikaze drone attacks on Camp Udairi and Ali Al Salem Air Base, targeting a US ammunition depot and radar systems (Getty Images, @SputnikInt/X)
World

Iran claims kamikaze drone strikes hit two US military bases in Kuwait as conflict escalates

By rajmehto
2 Min Read
0

TEHRAN, IRAN: Iran claimed on July 18 that it launched drone attacks against two US military bases in Kuwait, describing the operation as retaliation for a fresh wave of American airstrikes ordered against Iranian targets.

The announcement came just hours after US Central Command confirmed another night of military operations against Iran. The exchange marked the latest escalation in the growing confrontation between Washington and Tehran.

Iran claims attacks on US bases in Kuwait

According to a statement carried by Iranian state media and cited by The Times of Israel, Iran’s military said it carried out “large-scale attacks with kamikaze drones” against two US military installations in Kuwait.

The statement claimed the operation targeted the US military’s ammunition depot at Camp Udairi. Iran also said it struck the Patriot radar system and the air surveillance radar at Ali Al Salem Air Base.

Second Iranian strike in two days hit a Kuwaiti power/desalination plant, sparking a fire.

A similar plant was hit yesterday.

Strikes are part of Iran's ongoing campaign against US military sites in Kuwait (Ali Al Salem base and others).

Kuwait relies on desalination for ~90%… pic.twitter.com/EyTPOwTIsM

— Clash Report (@clashreport) July 18, 2026

Iran described the attacks as a direct response to the latest American military action against Iranian targets. The claims came as tensions between the two countries continued to intensify following several days of military exchanges.

Trump orders fresh US airstrikes on Iran

Earlier on Saturday evening, US Central Command announced that American forces had launched another series of airstrikes against Iran.

According to CENTCOM, the operation began at 6 pm ET at the direction of President Donald Trump.

Trump reiterated his claim to have ended eight wars, including one in which 15 million people were supposedly decapitated (AP Photo)

The military said the strikes were intended to further reduce Iran’s ability to threaten commercial shipping through the Strait of Hormuz.

CENTCOM also said the mission aimed to “swiftly punish” Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps forces following attacks on American service members in Jordan the previous night.

The latest strikes marked another consecutive night of US military operations targeting Iran.

CENTCOM cites Jordan attack behind Iran strikes

The announcement followed confirmation from CENTCOM that two US service members were killed while defending a US military base in Jordan from Iranian ballistic missile and drone attacks.

The military also said one additional service member remains missing.

CENTCOM stated that the latest round of strikes was carried out “at the Commander in Chief’s direction” as American forces continued operations across the region.

U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM):

"U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) completed another round of strikes against Iran on July 18 at 11:30 p.m. ET, at the Commander in Chief's direction.

During the eighth consecutive night of U.S strikes, CENTCOM forces successfully hit Iranian… pic.twitter.com/9gRMHfgZcQ

— Open Source Intel (@Osint613) July 19, 2026

Iran’s claim of retaliatory drone strikes in Kuwait came shortly after that announcement, further highlighting the rapidly escalating military confrontation between the two countries.

While Iran described the attacks as retaliation, the United States has continued to frame its operations as part of an effort to counter threats against American forces and protect commercial shipping routes.

Tags:

IranPresident Donald TrumpUS forcesUS-Iran conflict
Author

rajmehto

Follow Me
Other Articles
Dhamaal 4 Worldwide Box Office Day 9 Update! ( Photo Credit – T-Series )
Previous

Dhamaal 4 Worldwide Box Office Day 9: Crosses 150 Crore Milestone & Becomes Riteish Deshmukh’s 8th Highest-Grosser Ever!

CNN's 'Table for Five' turned heated as Jason Rantz defended ICE and the FBI over the fatal shooting of Lorenzo Salgado Araujo (screengrab/CNN)
Next

CNN’s ‘Table for Five’ erupts over fatal ICE shooting as Jason Rantz defends officer

No Comment! Be the first one.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Stripe Buys AI Startup OpenRouter For Over $7 Billion
  • Spider-Man: Brand New Day Continues To Dominate Box Office
  • Russell Westbrook Announces Retirement After 18 NBA Seasons
  • Oil Surge and Global Tensions Drag Sensex and Nifty
  • Kushner Holds Regional Talks Amid Middle East Tensions

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2026
  • July 2026

Categories

  • Entertainment
  • India
  • Media
  • US
  • World
  • US
  • India
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Media
Copyright 2026 — Newzaa. All rights reserved.